October 26-27 2020, Copenhagen
The amounts of data in the private and public sector grows each day, and create demands for analysis that is precise, reproducable and reusable, and which can be communcated effectively to colleagues, customers and decision makers. At the same time, machine learning and artifical intelligence is revolutionalizing the way we think data - but a model is only as good as the data it’s based on, and more often than not, data handling and refinement is 95% of the work - and perhaps even the most important part of it!
In this course you’ll be introduced to an elegant and state-of-the-art analysis workflow in R, a free open-source tool that (along with python) is the industry standard for data science and machine learning. You’ll get the necessary skills to import, analyze and present data. At the same time, you’ll be introduced to good code- and analysis practices, so your analyses are reproducable and reusable for new projects and new data. Finally, you’ll leave the course with a qualified toolbox and the necessary resources for you to continue your journey with modern data analysis in R.
- Why R?
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to RStudio IDE
- Introduction to RMarkdown and reproducability
- R packages and tidyverse
- Data IO
- Data cleaning and manipulation
- Advanced topics in tidyverse
- Advanced data visualization with ggplot
- Your next steps with R and tidyverse
Who will benefit from this course?
The course is tailormade for the employee, who works with or has a desire to work with data on a daily basis, and seeks to effectivize the work with cleaning, analyzing and communicating with the data. You don’t need to have any previous experience with R, but it’s an advantage if you have worked with data and is a super user of e.g. Excel. If you have previous experience with R, you’ll benefit from a refresher or an introduction to a modern workflow in the tidyverse and RStudio paradigm.
- Price: DKK 8600 plus VAT.
- Venue: MBK, Copenhagen, October 26-27, 2020, 9AM-4PM both days.
- Including a hard copy of Hadley Wickams “R for data science”
- You have to bring your own laptop (Windows, Mac, or Linux). You need a working browser installed, either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Internet Explorer (v. 10). It’s recommended to update your browser to the newest version before the course. No additional software is required.
- Two instructors full time each day.
- Max. 12 participants.
- If less than 5 participants, we reserve the right to cancel the course with two weeks notice.
- The course is tought in English (if any non-Danish speaking participants).
- The course includes light breakfast, lunch, and cofee / cake each day.
- Payment: Bank transfer, at latest two weeks before course start.
- Cancellation: 6 weeks before course data: no fee, 6-3 weeks before course data: 50% of fee must be paid, 3-0 weeks before course data: 100% of fee must be paid.